Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lead me

  Hola Chicos! I have to preface this by saying, it is really late, and we have had a really full day of activities. My brain is pretty much mush at this point, but I really want to write this while it is fresh on my mind.
Since I have been in Peru, I have noticed something that  keeps happening. The first time that I saw it was the second week that we were here. We were downtown in the midst of traffic. We were walking along with the busy pace, when I noticed there was a blind lady who was crossing the street ahead of me. As you can imagine crossing a street can become quite a task, but just trust me..it's a big ordeal. A lady had grabbed her hand and helped her across. Once they crossed, the lady left the blind woman to carry on her way.. I immediately noticed that the blind lady needed to cross the street again, but this time instead of someone coming up and helping her, she was on her own.  She blindly stepped off the curb in to the street where there were cars, buses, taxis all whizzing past. She had her stick that allowed her to feel a few feet in front of her, but that was all. One of the ladies that was with us went up and grabbed her arm. Immediately the blind lady picked up her stick and tucked it in her arm and walked confidently beside Tiffany. Once we had crossed, she was on her way again until the next kind soul decided to help her out. She was back to walking small, unfamiliar steps, that lead to who knows where. When I observed what had happened I was a little taken back, and a little astounded by how much trust that lady had in others, but I didn't really give it much more thought...... Until today. Over the past couple of days I kept seeing more and more of these situations.  Today I looked at Carissa and said, "Have you noticed that there are so many blind people here?"  She looked at me a little funny and said, "No, Not really." I thought to myself that maybe I just happened the see the total population of the blind community in the last couple of weeks, or maybe my eyes were being opened to something. Maybe there was something that God was trying to teach me. As I continued to think on it throughout the day it became more obvious to me.  This is such an example of what my life is like without Jesus. When I am walking through the busy streets, some days just doing my best to figure out what the next step looks like, I do well to not get hit by a bus. How can I walk confidently when I don't know where I am going? Or when I have never walked this path before? How do I know when the road curves or when to step over the next big pot hole? I don't.  I only have a limited amount of information as to what is around. However, when you allow Jesus to come and swoop up your arm things change. For me, my steps are a little more swift. My posture straightens up a little, and I can put my foot down with a little more confidence than I had previously. I KNOW....that wherever he takes me I will be safe. I know that he will not let me walk in ignorance.  He is guiding my steps and when I know that.... my posture is changed immediately, because I know who HE is. I know He is my father. I know that ALL (good, bad, and the ugly) things are working to bring me closer to him, and bring glory to his magnificent name.
The application to the lesson is endless.  Maybe He's speaking about your life? Maybe He is referring to this season, or maybe he is just talking about today and tomorrow? I do know what it looks like for you, but I know what it looks like for me.  I know that most days I probably walk around clueless as to where I am going, because I rely on my stick. I rely on what information I can gather from my surrounding, which are helpful, but not complete. I want to walk around arm and arm confidently with Jesus knowing that HE has a specific destination for me every single day.  He does and I don't want to miss out on that.
Some days, we are given the opportunity to take "the blind man"by the arm (literally or figuratively) and allow him to experience what it means to walk confidently across the street. He knows that there is danger all around, but maybe for just a few steps he can know what is feels like to walk through life confidently!

 You see, the ironic thing about all of this is this morning I was reading Jesus Calling, but I accidentally read the one from yesterday. Read what is said

 " Walk with Me along paths of trust. The most direct route between point A and Point B on your life-journey is the path of unwavering trust in me. When your faith falters, you choose a trail that meanders and takes you well out of your way. You will get to Point B eventually, but you will have lost precious time and energy. As soon as you realize you have wandered from your trust-path, look to me and whisper, "I trust you Jesus." This affirmation will help you get back on track.
The farther you roam along paths of unbelief, the harder it is to remember that I am with you. Anxious thoughts branch off in all directions, taking you farther and farther from awareness of my presence. You need to voice your trust in me frequently. This simple act of faith will keep you walking along straight paths with me. Trust in me with all your heart, and I will make your paths straight"- Sarah Young.  Jesus Calling

Isaiah 26:4 " Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, THE LORD, is the rock eternal.

Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in your, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you."

Psalm 25:4-5 " Show me your ways O Lord, Teach me your paths guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior and my hope is in you all day long."

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding In all of your ways acknowledge him and He will make your path straight."

 I hope you sense the urgency that comes with walking confidently. Our time here is short and we have an important task at hand.  Walk confidently and cover your ground.

I really hope you know that I treasure your prayers while I am here!  Keep them coming. !

-CR

No comments:

Post a Comment