Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lots of thoughts


 Every week we drive to a place that is about an hour away to teach English, and we always pass by this area where there are just a ton of lights lit up for miles. It is so beautiful.  It just seems to go for miles and miles where you can see so many houses represented by one little light. Every week without fail I am reminded of "A City on a hill", and the light that Jesus calls us to be.  This particular ministry spot has proven to be difficult and it seems like our objective has changed 100 times, but I am always reminded on the drive that I am called to the the shining city on a hill.

 Matthew 5:14 "  You are the light of the world a city on a hill cannot be hidden"

 We have such a responsibility to let our lights shine brightly.  In this day and time when the light is blurred, dusty, and dim, we must continue to shine. When Christ is illuminated in our hearts, He shines so brightly that even people in the valley and in the darkness can look and see that there is something more than darkness.  The actions in our every day lives matter, people are watching.
 There have been times, when I just didn't want to teach English. I just didn't feel equipped to handle a class of 25 very basic English speakers.  However, when I applied my best abilities, Jesus illuminated himself in my life, and has been faithful to show himself through me!  I know it doesn't seem very profound, but I am reminded of this every week. Reminded of the responsibility that we have as believers to be different and let our lives shine radiantly just like these little towns in the picture. It is really one of the most beautiful things that I think I have seen while I have been here in Peru.

 "Shine make them wonder what you got,
 make them wish that they were not on the outside looking bored
 Shine let it shine before all men,
let them see good works and then
 let them glorify the Lord. " - Newboys

-CR

No comments:

Post a Comment